On Friday 15th November, two teams will be entering the first leg of their round two qualifiers for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. Portugal will be hosting Sweden as both teams finished second in their group.

This is match is no doubt the pick of the Play-Offs.

Recent Form

In their last five games in all competitions, Portugal have won twice (40%), drawn twice (40%) and lost once (20%). Sweden, on the other hand, have won four (80%) and lost once (20%).

Head to Head

Their last two matches against each other have both finished in a 0:0 draw.

Goals Conceded

Portugal and Sweden have conceded 9 and 14 goals respectively (an average of 0.9 and 1.4 goals per game). Portugal also have the advantage on goals scored with 20, over Sweden’s 19.

Team News

Both teams have two huge players that many will have their eyes on. Cristiano Ronaldo, of Real Madrid and Zlatan Ibrahimovic of Paris St. Germain. Both players have already had a prolific season, netting 24 goals between them.

Sweden’s defense has been under criticism as of late, as they have just leaked five goals to Germany. This will be an area of focus for manager Erik Hamrén, if they are to hold back the likes of Ronaldo and Nani.

Conclusion

Not Joined Futurecaster Yet?

As soon as you join you’ll be able to read all the expert analysis and predictions for this weeks matches in full. Plus you’ll also receive our email newsletter alerting you to the best money making products and services available… and the ones you should avoid.

We respect your privacy and will never pass on your email address to anyone else.